Monday, December 08, 2014

CS 50 Fair (Live)

The madness that is the CS50 Fair at Harvard is going on now.  Hundreds of students demo-ing their final projects.  If you can't be there, you can watch the live stream.  I did a brief stop-by this morning and saw some fun and useful stuff -- one student showed me a simple setup for students to ask questions online in class and have other students up-vote them so the prof can see popular questions.  (There are tools that do this, sure, but it would be nice to have a simple one-off easy-to-use code setup to do this on the fly.  Hey -- student -- if you're reading this, come see me, I want your code. )  Another had a nice interface that gathered information on all the various Harvard events from different websites and pulled them together with some basic search functionality.  I'll have to talk with David Malan about how we're doing transitioning some of these useful prototypes into tools for us or around campus.  Still amazing what energetic CS students can do after an introductory class.  And hopefully I'll go back and see another shift of projects later this afternoon.




No comments: